Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Week 1

Alright, here I go .....

Although I have never been good at writing things down, I was told that I shouldn't be scared of saying the wrong thing on here, as reflective writing can neither be right or wrong. I'm still not too sure about that, but I am going to persevere.

After listening to the lecture, and doing the activities I could, I thought a lot about what I could say about my first week in this particular class, and lo and behold I didn't come up blank !!!

I have been using the world wide web now for about 8 years, and in that time I have gone through a lot of different user names. Yes, I can be very indecisive at times, and would rather toss a coin or play paper/rock/scissors to make my decisions. Anywho, the name I am using for this unit, which incredibly I think suits me to a T, is 2Hard4U2Handle. I want to explain this decision, as I am pretty sure that it will also help people to understand where I'm coming from, on the web as well as in life.

I am what one would call a loner. There are many and varied reasons for this, but the main one is that I have bipolar disorder, and when not controlled properly, my moods are extreme. I am not the classic 'manic-depressive' as I do function quite well whether I am up or down, but every one of my friends knows when I have hit a high or low point. This 'moodiness' (for want of a better word) is a lot for your average person to cope with. When I signed up for twitter, my favoured username was already taken so I had to think of another one and 2Hard4U2Handle seemed to fit me. So there you have the reasoning behind my name :)

Everything I've seen of the modules and assignments seem to be straightforward enough for me. I'm enjoying the interaction on the discussion board, and think I may even be bright enough to manage this blog thing. Guess only time will tell.

Ta ta for now xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment